Friday, August 17, 2007

Read your date’s mind through the car he's driving


According to Car Talk’s Tom and Ray, you can. It is possible for you to actually know the statement of the guy or the girl you are dating by the car he or she is using. Tom and Ray delivered this hot list of the car statement to Kicking Tires. Here is what they say:

Date Cars Driven by Men

1994 Toyota Celica: “I was a swinger 10 years ago, but I’ve fallen on hard times.”

Jeep Wrangler: “I’m not ready to settle down, and did I tell you about my incipient drinking problem?”

Mazda Miata: “I read Architectural Digest.”

1985 Ford Mustang 5.0/Chevrolet Camaro IROC: “I’m stuck in high school and suffer from arrested development. My favorite band is Foreigner.” Check for sideburns. Warning: He may have inherited this car from his brother, who’s now serving a prison term.

Cadillac Escalade: “I’m a jerk. I scream at my help.”

Hummer H2: “You mean there are people in the world other than me?” Self-centered poser.

Dodge Grand Caravan: “Have I told you about my other family?” Somewhere, this guy has at least three or four kids you haven't seen.

Toyota Corolla: “I’m practical and not very concerned about my appearance.” Don’t expect much romance.

Toyota Prius: “I believe in conserving natural resources, so I only shower once a week. Also, I have hair growing in unusual places.”

Date Cars Driven by Women

Mini Cooper: “I just broke up with my longtime boyfriend and I'm starting a new phase of life.” A good phase, though.

Volkswagen New Beetle: “I’m cute and fun, but I remember the original VW Bug, so I may be older than you think I am.” Look for indications of plastic surgery.

Ford Explorer: “I got this in the divorce settlement.” Might come with several big dogs.

Ford F-250: “I like horses.” Warning: Horses are expensive, and you compare poorly to a stallion.

Porsche Boxster S: “I am extremely high maintenance. You should see my jewelry budget.”

Volkswagen Jetta: “I came of age during the '90s.”

Honda CR-V: “I’m practical.” Upside: Willing to drive the dowdy car so you can drive something fun.

BMW 3 Series: “I’m a career woman.” High maintenance and works late; don’t expect to see her too often. She may cheat on you during a business trip.

Ford Taurus: “Daddy tells me what to buy.” Warning: If you marry her, daddy’s also going to be telling you what to buy.

Dodge Caravan cargo van: “I’m just emerging from bankruptcy.”